Appointments are designed for in-depth or difficult research beyond what is typically possible at the Reference Desk. It provides VSU students, faculty and staff with the opportunity to work one-on-one with a member of Odum Library's Reference team.
- Opportunities for uninterrupted, focused sessions
- Training in advanced search techniques for specific electronic databases
- In-depth discussion of your specific research needs
- Learning how and where to access appropriate databases
- Building skills in interpreting citations
- Exploring various options for obtaining library materials
Please be as specific as possible when asking your questions, and let us know what resources you have already used.
- Appointments are limited to VSU students, faculty and staff.
- Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., dependent upon the availability of Library Faculty.
- Appointments are intended to last approximately 30 minutes. Additional appointment time can be scheduled as needed.
- Appointments can be arranged to fit your schedule. Appointments must be scheduled 48 hours prior, or one week prior for evening and weekend appointments, in order for Librarians to prepare adequately.
- Appointments are held in Odum Library unless other arrangements are made.
- The VSU Library Staff cannot conduct your research for you, or write specific research-related reports. We also cannot answer questions that a professor has assigned as part of a class assignment, or questions that require typing paragraphs or lists of information.
The VSU Reference team will make every effort to confirm your appointment within 24 hours.