> Administrative Offices
> Odum Library
> About Us
> Procedures & Policies
> Cataloging Manual and Procedures
> Cataloging: Software Included with Books
Cataloging: Software Included with Books
- If there is a CD-ROM or floppy disk included with a book, open the envelope containing the disk/disc so the patron will not be the first to open it.
- Write the call number on the disk/disc. On CD-ROM discs, you can write with a narrow-point Sharpie pen on the colored surface (label side) of the disc. Floppy disks usually have a paper label you can write on.
- Apply tattle-tape to CD-ROMs that will be shelved in the STACKS.
- If the disk is a square 3 1/2" floppy disk, print a label for the cover of the book that says, "Please Do Not Desensitize - Computer Disk Inside."
- Round CD-ROM discs cannot be erased by desensitizing, so they don't need a label.
Ask Us (Chat Now), Tell Us about the Library website.
This document last modified
Wednesday, 08-Aug-2012 02:01:14 EDT Staff