Cataloging On a Non-Matching Acquisitions Order Record
(or, Replacing a Record)
If the Acquisitions order record doesn't match the book in hand:
- Keep the non-matching bib record open in Voyager Cataloging
- Search OCLC for a matching bib record
- Export the matching OCLC record
- In Voyager Cataloging, ALT - R, P, N (or on the menu, Record, Import, From new file)* to see a list of Import files.
- Double-click on Import.bib to open the file. You will see a list of imported OCLC record titles (there may be only the one you just imported).
- Scroll through the list and double-click on the title you imported.
- Edit your imported bib record.
- On the non-matching Acquisitions order record, you must enter an OCLC number in an 035 tag to match the one in the record you imported from OCLC. Click here for instructions.
- CTL- B or use the Save to DB button to save the non-matching Acquisitions record, with its new 035 tag, to the database.
- Go back to your imported OCLC record and CTL - F or click on Save Plus. You will see a message that one bib record has replaced another. Click OK.
- ALT - R, H or use Get Holdings to retrieve the MFHD attached to the record
- Edit the 852 subfield $b to indicate the correct location.
- CTL - N-N to snarf the call number from the bib record into the MFHD
- CTL - B to save the updated MFHD to the database.
- ALT - R, T or use New Items button to create an Item Record
- Scan in the barcode.
- Look at the Location and Item Type boxes on this screen to check that they are correct.
- CTL - B to save the Item Record to the database.