Cataloging: Kings Bay Materials
1. It is OK to catalog new titles just for Kings Bay, even if we don't already own the title and there is no "first copy" for Odum. We used to only add second copies for Kings Bay, but because the entire Kings Bay collection now appears in our online catalog-- including titles purchased by the Navy exclusively for Kings Bay-- this policy has changed.
2. We will assign Library of Congress call numbers to Kings Bay materials and label them as if for Odum Library.
3. We do not have to enter "[KINGSBAY]" in the 049 field, or as a prefix to the call number (either on the labels or in the MFHD record).
4. Steve Scheuler will assign Dewey numbers and edit the holdings in Voyager as he receives the materials. He will also edit the KBAYO location as necessary to integrate materials into the Kings Bay collection.
5. Setting Options > Preferences for Kings Bay materials:
- Under the General tab, set the Holdings/Item default location to Offcampus Kings Bay (KBAYO)
- Set the Call Number Hierarchy to Library of Congress.
- Under the Item Defaults tab, set the Item Type and Temp. Type to Book 28 day UB nonavail.