Cataloging Gift Books
If we do not already own the title:
- Search OCLC for a matching bib record
- Export the matching OCLC record
- In Voyager Cataloging, ALT - R, P, N (or on the menu, Record, Import, From new file)* to see a list of Import files.
- Double-click on Import.bib to open the file. You will see a list of imported OCLC record titles.
- Scroll through the list and double-click on the title you imported.
- Edit your imported bib record.
- CTL - F or click on Save Plus to save your bib record to the database and to the local file.
- ALT - R, E or click on New Holdings to create a MFHD
- Check the location and call number in the MFHD.
- CTL - B to save the updated MFHD to the database.
- ALT - R, T or use New Items button to create an Item Record
- Scan in the barcode.
- Look at the Location and Item Type boxes on this screen to check that they are correct.
- CTL - B to save the Item Record to the database.