Editing MARC Records in Voyager
To edit any cell on the MARC record, click the mouse on it. You can simply type in all your changes, then save the record to the database. You don't have to hit Return after every change as we did in our former system.
- F3 inserts a blank field above the cursor
- F4 inserts a blank field below the cursor
- F9 inserts a subfield delimiter
- F2 calls up a menu of valid elements for that cell. Double-click on any selection from the list and it will be (usually) entered for you automatically.
- To delete a field, Right-click on the grey box to the left of the field and select "Delete this field" from the menu. Or, click on the grey box to the left of the field, and while the field is highlighted, press the Delete key.