Cataloging: Editing Records for Children's Books
1. Leave the call number in its 050 (or 090) field. Use "LZ" as a call number prefix in the MFHD.
2. Delete any call number (such as a Dewey number) you're not using.
1. Make sure the second indicator in existing subject headings is "0"
2. Make sure there's at least one subject heading in the record. Either add a heading, if you can determine an authorized LC heading, or give the book to Maureen.
3. Change "$v Fiction" in subject headings to "$v Juvenile fiction."
1. Delete relator terms (such as "ill." for illustrator) from name headings (usually you'll see this in 700 tags).
1. Delete field 04