Cataloging: Replacing a Record: the 035 Tag
Your imported OCLC record will have the OCLC number in an 035 tag. It will have the prefix "(OCoLC)ocm" before the actual number-- that's OK.
- On the imported OCLC record, right click on the grey box to the left of the 035 tag. From the menu choose "Copy this field."
- ALT-W - scroll and RTN to switch to the Acquisitions order record.
- Right click on any one of the grey boxes to the left of the record. From the menu choose "Paste before this field." This will paste in the 035 you copied from the imported record.
It is OK to leave other 035 tags in this record; you're going to replace this record in a moment anyhow.
- CTL- B or use the Save to DB button to save the Acquisitions order record, with its new 035 tag, to the database.
- ALT-W - scroll and RTN to switch to your imported OCLC record.
- CTL - F or click on Save Plus.
- You should see a message telling you that one bib record has replaced the other; click OK.