Odum Library mission Statement
The purpose of Odum Library is to be a major educational and cultural resource of the University.
The statement of purpose is supported by the following library goals:
1. Acquire, create, preserve, and provide access to information resources in all media, advancing scholarly communication and providing opportunities leading to academic, professional, and social success.
2. Provide outreach programs to university and community constituents that highlight library services and collections.
3. Promote library giving; explore and pursue funding opportunities to enhance library collections, programs, resources, and services.
4. Foster an inclusive, diverse, safe, and inviting environment, both physical and online, for all constituents in which to study, learn, and research.
5. Teach and promote information literacy skills, fostering higher-level scholarly engagement among students, staff, faculty, and community members.