- Which information resources can I access from off-campus?
- What can I do about Anywhere Access log on problems?
- How do I find out the GALILEO off-campus password?
- How do I report GALILEO problems?
- Are there recommended Browsers?
- What is my Windows Live Email Account?
- Who do I contact to report library electronic resource access problems?
- I am unable to open or view PDF files on my computer, why?
- Does VSU have a technology helpline?
- Where can I get more Library technical help?
- How do I get the ebrary Reader plug-in?
Which information resources can I access from off-campus?
When attempting to connect from off-campus to the majority of Odum Library's licensed restricted electronic resources, you will automatically be prompted to enter your VSU BlazeVIEW User name and password on the
"Anywhere Library Access" login screen. For help with BlazeVIEW User Names and
passwords call 229-245-HELP (4357).
Due to license restrictions or application software, there are a few electronic resources that have an individual account/password login or are only available when on campus or in the library and are so noted. When encountering access problems try seeking help from Live Chat or filing a connection problem report.
What can I do about Anywhere Access log on problems?
- A firewall or other security software may be blocking the connection to the library Anywhere Access EZproxy server. This could be a company, personal, or Internet Service Provider (ISP) firewall. First try to go to the library's website at http://www.valdosta.edu/library/ and then try to go to the library Anywhere Access EZproxy server at http://library.valdosta.edu:2048/login/. If you can reach the Library's website, but are unable to login, then a firewall is probably blocking access to the proxy. Users who have contacted their Internet Service Provider (ISP) have reported success in receiving a solution that enabled Anywhere Access login.
- Your company may have configured browsers to use their own proxy server. This could possibly interfere with the library proxy, although it is not likely to do so.
Internet Web Browsers at http://www.valdosta.edu/helpdesk/guides/explorer/index.shtml
- Try accessing the resource via GALILEO using the GALILEO off-campus password.
- You may wish to complete an online form to Report Trouble Connecting to an Electronic Resource. If you are encountering problems in GALILEO, when in GALILEO select the top header Contact Us link and file a report.
How do I find out the GALILEO off-campus password?
The VSU GALILEO off-campus password changes quarterly. On the Library's website, http://www.valdosta.edu/library/ you can do one of the following to find out the current GALILEO off-campus password:
- Select My Accounts & Passwords > Access My GIL Account > Get GALILEO password
- Select Books > GIL-FIND@VSU Odum Library Catalog > Get GALILEO password and login with your Institutional ID and last name.
If your VSU Identification Number does not work in My GIL Account > Get GALILEO password , contact Odum Library Circulation, 229-245-3752, or complete the following Circulation Contact Form to report the access problem.
Alternative GALILEO access that doesn't require knowing the password:
- Select the Anywhere Access link and login with your BlazeVIEW account and password, then select the GALILEO button.
- Log into BlazeVIEW and select the GALILEO link underneath Campus Bookmarks.
If your BlazeVIEW User Name and password does not work, contact the IT Helpdesk, 229-245-HELP (4357), or complete the following
How do I report GALILEO problems?
If you are encountering problems in GALILEO, when in GALILEO select the top header Contact Us link and file a report.
Back to Top
Are there recommended Browsers?
Many of the locally licensed subscription databases including those within GALILEO (Browser/Software) , utilize advanced features, JAVA applets,
the Internet Web Browsers Tutorial by the VSU IT Helpdesk and Getting Started with BlazeVIEW .
What is my Windows Live Email Account?
Information Technology's Windows Live Guide provides step-by-step directions. For more help with Windows Live Email, call the IT Helpdesk, 229-245-HELP (4357), or complete the following Helpdesk form.
Who do I contact to report library electronic resource access problems?
If you are a Valdosta State University student, staff or faculty member, you may wish to complete an online form to Report Trouble Connecting to an Electronic Resource. If you are encountering problems in GALILEO, when in GALILEO select the top header Contact Us link and file a report.
Back to Top
I am unable to open or view PDF files on my computer, why?
If you are printing blank pages in Adobe Acrobat Reader, use the Adobe Acrobat Reader print icon rather than your browser's print icon. When saving or printing PDF documents from within a Web Browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, Chrome, etc.) you MUST use the buttons in the PDF viewer (directly above the document window). Using the Browser controls will only print the first page of the PDF document.
If you are printing pages with mirror image of the text in Adobe Acrobat Reader, select the Print as Image in the printer dialog box.
Does VSU have a technology helpline?
Yes! You can contact the Information Technology Helpdesk at (229) 245-4357 during the hours as posted on the Helpdesk website with many more FAQ's, technical tips and directions concerning recommended software and etc. You also have the option of completing the Helpdesk Request Form.
Where can I get more Library technical help?
Please complete a Technical Support request directed to Library Automated Systems staff or during business hours telephone, 229-333-5868.
How do I get the ebrary Reader plug-in?
Use this link to Download/Install ebrary Reader™ Plug-in for Windows.
Back to Top