Library Materials Budget
Submitted orders are purchased with the annually allocated funds to colleges, divisions, and departments (Library's Materials Budget FY 2013). Each year the Library's Materials budget as calculated from the allocation formula is reviewed by the Library Affairs Committee, a standing committee of the the Faculty Senate. Departments appoint a 'Coordinator' who are then responsible for authorizing expenditures against the received allocation.
To order from Choice Cards...
- Initial the card reviewing the desired book.
- Have the department's library coordinator initial the card.
- The coordinator sends the cards to the department's library faculty liaison.
- Individual departments may have varying policies that govern routing and prioritization of these cards.
To order from sources other than Choice Cards - professional journals, brochures, and publishers catalogs
- Contact your departmental coordinator.
- The coordinator will add your requests to a library materials Order Database. (Blank order databases are available to Coordinators via the BlazeView Group -- Library Acquisitions.)
- If the material is from a brochure or catalog the coordinator may also wish to use campus mail to send that directly to the library acquisitions department.
- Please use the rush order process only if you need something for teaching a course or for a course reserve.
- Use the Online Order Request Form for 'rush' requests. Explain in the notes box the course name and number for which the material is needed.
- Check to see that we do not already have the item using the GIL Catalog.
- You might also check the GIL Universal Catalog for GIL Express or use InterLibrary Loan (ILL) for materials that you only need temporarily.
- Please be sure to check the Odum Library website before placing periodical requests. In some cases, you'll find that we may already have current online access to the title, or have back issues available through JSTOR.
- The deadline for placing periodical orders is May 1st of each year. Subscriptions begin the following January.
- Obtain a form (shown below) from the department coordinator and provide as much information as you can
- You may also see your department coordinator who may enter the information into the library materials Order Database, coding the material format as a periodical or back issue.
- Because of the ongoing commitment of a periodical subscription, most departments have policies governing new subscriptions.
Order card method...
- An order card (see below) may be used if you need something in a hurry. (link to pdf Order Card)
- Obtain an order card from your department coordinator or library liaison. Please include all necessary ordering information. Title, author, and ISBN are especially important.
- The department coordinator will initial your request and forward it to the library liaison.
- You will be notified when your material is ready.