Suggested Course Progression
Junior 1st Semester: Fall
Junior 2nd Semester: Spring
Senior : Fall or Spring
Points of emphasis:
- BUSA 2100 should be taken in the sophomore year and must be taken by the first semester of the junior year. BUSA 2100 is a prerequisite for MKTG 3650.
- MKTG 3050 must be taken during the first semester of the junior year. MKTG 3050 is a prerequisite for nearly all other marketing major courses.
- MKTG 3620 and MKTG 3650 must be taken as early as possible in the marketing major’s junior year. They must be taken the first semester after the completion of MKTG 3050. MKTG 3650 and MKTG 3620 with a minimum grade of C are prerequisites for MKTG 4900.
- If it is the bridge semester and the student needs to take one senior level course, it needs to be MKTG 3050.
- If it is the bridge semester and the student needs to take two senior level courses, they need to be BUSA 2100 and MKTG 3050.
- Summer Semester Issues: Be careful about relying on taking required courses in a summer semester; often they are not offered then. It is better to plan on taking electives and/or BUSA 4900 in the summer.
- A minimum of 4 Marketing elective courses are needed for graduation.