Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is the MBA program?
VSU's MBA program is a 30-hour (10 course) program.
2. What happens if I take a semester (e.g., summer) off?
Courses are offered only once every two years. Missing any semester (e.g., summer) or even a single a course in the 6 semester cycle would delay the completion by as much as two years.
3. Do the students in the MBA program work?
Yes, most students work either part-time or full-time while pursuing their MBA at Valdosta State University.
4. Is financial aid available?
Some financial aid in the form of assistantships and through the work-study program is available. For more information go to: http://www.valdosta.edu/financialaid/.
5. Can I be accepted into the MBA before completing the undergraduate degree?
No, a bachelor's degree is required.
6. Can I be accepted into the MBA program before completing the undergraduate prerequisites?
No, you must complete the prerequisites before being considered for the VSU MBA program. However, you are advised to discuss the program with the MBA Director before beginning prerequisites.
8. Will the MBA prerequisites help me do better on the GMAT?
The MBA prerequisites are not directly related to or required prior to taking the GMAT. The GMAT has three sections: quantitative, verbal, and analytical writing. The quantitative section analyzes knowledge of problem solving and data sufficiency. The verbal section analyzes knowledge of reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction. The analytical writing section focuses on analysis of an issue and analysis of an argument.
11. Do I need to have prior business experience, and what is the average experience of the students in the program?
Prior business experience is not required but is a factor in the acceptance process. The average number of years of business experience is 7 years.
12. What score do I need to have on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to be admitted to the MBA?
If the applicants first language is not English, a minimum of 550 or a 213 on the new computer based test is required for admission.
13. Where can I apply for the MBA at Valdosta State University?
You can now submit your application electronically at the Graduate School website. You can also find admission requirements and financial aid information at the Graduate School site.
14. Where do I get information on fees and deadlines?
You can find fee schedules, fee deadlines, and loan information at Valdosta State University's Bursary site.
15. When can I begin the MBA program, and when are the application deadlines?
You can begin the MBA program in either Fall, Spring, or Summer Semesters. Deadlines for application material is 30 days before the start of the semester for which you are applying. You should send your application as soon as possible in order to register for the classes that you need.
16. How do I begin the application process?
You should go to the VSU Graduate School website and follow the "Getting Started" procedure. This site also has Fee Schedule and Financial Aid information.