Internal Auditing Certificate (IAC) Program
The Internal Auditing Certificate program is a Langdale College of Business Administration (LCOBA) certificate-administered program with the purpose of enhancing and increasing internal auditing education. The program is available to all LCOBA students that meet the prerequisites of the IAC courses and meet the certificate requirements.
- How do I apply for the program?
- When is the deadline to apply for the IAC program?
- Why should I become a candidate for the IAC program?
- What are the requirements for acceptance into the program?
- What are the requirements to earn the certificate?
- When are the IAC program-courses offered?
- What is the history of the IAC program at VSU?
- Graduates of IAC
- Current IAC Program candidates
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- CIA exam
- CIA exam content
- Pictures: from to Tallahassee and IA month
Local Institute of Internal Auditors chapters
How do I apply for the program? The application process begins with you completing an application. Complete the top portion of the application to ensure you meet the minimum requirements for acceptance. Submit the application to the current Director of the Internal Auditing Certificate program, Dr. Leisa L. Marshall, CPA, CMA. You will receive an e-mail confirmation regarding the status of your acceptance.
Application submission deadline: Submit your application before or during your 1st IAC program course (Fraud or Internal Auditing).
Why should I become a candidate for the IAC program? This certificate program demonstrates a level of accounting knowledge not achieved by others receiving a business degree. You obtain a specialized accounting knowledge-base in fraud examination, forensic accounting, and internal auditing.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80.
- The successful completion of 60 semester hours toward completion of your business (BBA) degree.
- Formal acceptance into any LCOBA major program.
What are the requirements to earn the IAC? There are three requirements to earn the certificate, after you have been accepted into the IAC program. In order to successfully complete and earn the internal auditing certificate, you must:
1. Earn your BBA (business) degree
2. Graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.80 in the following courses:*
- ACCT 2101
- ACCT 2102
- BUSA 2106
- MGNT 3250
- MKTG 3050
- ACCT 3100
- ACCT 3700
- ACCT 4980
* The first five courses are required of all LCOBA majors. ACCT 3100 -- Intro to Fraud, ACCT 3700 – Internal Auditing, and ACCT 4980 -- Internships are accounting electives.
3. Attend at least one local, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) chapter meeting. These are typically arranged by the Director of the IAC program. However, you may arrange your own attendance by contacting the chapter of your choice. See the Local Chapter links in the Links section above.
ACCT 3100 is offered in the Fall semesters.
ACCT 3700 is offered in the Spring semesters
ACCT 4980 should be taken after completing after ACCT 3700.
Two IAC courses (Fraud and Internal Auditing) were developed specifically for the IAC program. We offered the 1st course for potential IAC graduates during the Fall of 2007. The first graduates of the IAC program occurred in the Spring of 2008, with seven graduates. As of end of Fall 2009, 23 graduates have earned the IAC credential.
|Berger, Kathy ('09)||Hamialkou, Alraksandr ('08)||Marshall, Matthew ('08)|
|Boyett, Laci ('09)||Herndon, Kaylie ('09)||Parker, Stephanie ('08)|
|Brogdon, Steven ('08)||Hughes, Lindsae ('08)||Pierre, Juanita ('09)|
|Campbell, Jamee ('09)||Kunkle, Micah ('09)||Rogers, Jaime ('08)|
|Casper, Carla ('09)||Legette, Archie ('08)||Schlecht, Emily ('08)|
|Curry III, William ('08)||Luke, Beverly ('08)||Shaughnessy, John ('08)|
|Daniels, Lisa ('08)
||Malott, Michelle ('08)||Topham, Christopher ('08)|
|Gaona, Paulo ('08)||Wiggins, Chantal ('09)|
|Pavel, Arsenov||Bolden, Ben||Brogdon, Nicholas|
|Brosan, Chris||Ketz, Eufemia||Orr, Hannah|
|Camp, Meagan||Korzcyk, Stefanie||Parrish, Lisa|
|Carmack, Andre||Landale, Keri||Raza, Ahmed|
|Cevere, Eric||Mackinzie, Kendra||Rice, Stephen|
|Goff, Ashley||McGregor, Tracey||Sexton, Howard|
|Hyman, Wes||Miller, Eric||Solomon, Ryan|
|Jenkins, Joanna||Murphy, Cassandra||Webb, Devin|
|Kemp, Kaitlin||O'Neal, Madison||Williams, Sheila|