adobe creative suite 5.5
A site license for Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 is available as of March, 2012 to Valdosta State University faculty and staff for use on institutional personal computers. Because of the complexity and magnitude of the software packages, Information Technology will not immediately be offering instructor-led training. IT training staff will be assessing the campus training needs over the next several months. Until then, listed below are the software packages available in Suite 5.5 and online resources available. Click on the package name to link to resources available. NOTE: Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 requires Windows 7 64-bit to run.
- Photoshop® CS5 Extended - delivers state-of-the-art editing, compositing, and graphic design capabilities in industry-standard Photoshop CS5 plus breakthrough tools for 3D design and motion editing. And now, use it with creativity-boosting mobile apps.
- Illustrator® CS5 - ultimate toolkit for designing eye-catching print content, immersive digital magazines, elegant eBooks, dynamic PDF files, world-class websites, and interactive SWF content that displays consistently across screens of virtually any size.
- InDesign® CS5.5 - lets you design and preflight engaging page layouts for print or digital distribution with built-in creative tools and precise control over typography. Integrate interactivity, video, and audio for playback on tablets, smartphones, and computers.
- Acrobat® X Pro - lets you deliver professional PDF communications. Create and edit PDF files with rich media included, share information more securely, and gather feedback more efficiently.
- Flash® Catalyst® CS5.5 - interaction design software that enables you to easily transform Adobe Photoshop®, Illustrator®, and Fireworks® artwork into expressive, fully interactive projects without writing code, and leverage the reach and consistency of the Adobe Flash Platform.
- Flash Professional CS5.5 - authoring environment for producing expressive interactive content. Create immersive experiences that present consistently to audiences across desktops, smartphones, tablets, and televisions.
- Flash Builder® 4.5 Premium Edition- is an Eclipse™ based development tool for rapidly building mobile, web, and desktop applications using ActionScript® and the open source Flex framework. Use professional testing tools to build higher performing applications.
- Dreamweaver® CS5.5 - web authoring and editing software that provides both visual and code-level capabilities for creating standards-based websites and designs for the desktop, smartphones, tablets, and other devices.
- Fireworks® CS5- software provides the tools you need to create expressive, highly optimized graphics for the web or virtually any device — from smartphones to kiosks to embedded displays.
- Contribute CS5 - web publishing and website management tool that integrates authoring, reviewing, and publishing in an easy-to-use WYSIWYG HTML editor. VSU Information Technology offers instructor-led training in Contribute.
- Adobe Premiere® Pro CS5.5 - software lets you edit faster with true native format support. Get breakthrough performance on workstations and laptops; streamline collaboration; and boost productivity with an efficient, robust, cross-platform editing workflow.
- After Effects® CS5.5 - solution for creating sophisticated motion graphics and cinematic visual effects. Transform moving images for delivery to theaters, living rooms, personal computers, and mobile devices.
- Adobe Audition® CS5.5 - delivers the professional tools you need to make your video and audio productions sound their best. Handle a wide range of audio production tasks efficiently, including recording, mixing, and sound restoration. Now available on Mac.
- Adobe OnLocation™ CS5 - is a direct-to-disk recording, logging, and monitoring solution. Take control of your footage using an efficient, metadata-driven workflow and a fast, intuitive interface.
- Encore® CS5 - enables you to create DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and web DVDs, all from a single project. Send Adobe Premiere® Pro projects directly to Encore without rendering, and then use flowcharts to define and view their navigation.
- Bridge CS5 - is a media manager that provides centralized access to all your creative assets.
- Device Central CS5.5 - simplifies the production of innovative and compelling content for mobile phones, tablets, and consumer electronic devices. Plan, preview, and test engaging experiences and deliver them to practically anyone on virtually any device.
- Media Encoder CS5 - is a 64-bit software that enables you to create output more quickly for virtually any video format or device. Use intuitive presets and context menus in Adobe Premiere® Pro software to configure multiple outputs, and then batch encode.
- Photoshop Elements - the newest version of the consumer photo editing software— helps you turn everyday memories into sensational photos you'll cherish forever. Easily edit photos and make photo creations using automated options, share photos with your social network, and find and view all your photos and video clips.
- Premiere Elements - the newest version of the consumer photo and video editing software— helps you bring your photo and video collection to life in vibrant home movies and photo creations you'll enjoy for years to come.
- Adobe Flex Builder 3 (free to educators and students) - is an Eclipse™ based development tool for rapidly building standout mobile, web, and desktop applications using ActionScript® and the open source Flex framework. Use professional testing tools to build higher performing applications.
- Adobe ColdFusion 8 (free to educators and students) - enables developers to rapidly build, deploy, and maintain robust Internet applications for the enterprise.
- Captivate 5 - is scheduled to be added to the license in Fall, 2013 semester - authoring software for rapidly creating and maintaining interactive eLearning content. Import your existing Microsoft PowerPoint content and make it more engaging with rich media, application simulations, branching scenarios, and quizzes. Easily publish to leading SCORM- and AICC-compliant Learning Management Systems and track key performance metrics.
For additional information, please contact the IT Helpdesk at 229-245-4357.
Last Update: 1/28/13