VSU Website/CMS Cascade server resources
In October, 2012 VSU launched its new website. The website is being migrated to the new design in a phased approach over the next 12-18 months. Users will also be utilizing a new content management system to edit the website called Cascade Server. When your area is scheduled to be migrated you will be contacted by a web team member to schedule your training session. The redesign includes new templates, better navigation/architecture, enhanced accessibility features and a responsive design which allows visitors to view web pages seamlessly on smart devices.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources are available for faculty, staff and students on the new VSU Website and CMS Cascade Server:
- VSU Home Page Site Navigation Guide - Guide to introduce visitors to the new VSU Home Page site navigation
- VSU Website FAQs - VSU Website Frequently Asked Questions
- CMS Training PowerPoint - PowerPoint presentation for the CMS Cascade training session.
- CMS Quick Reference Guides - Quick Reference Guides on common functions within the CMS.
- Add Cascade Server Email to Safe List and Create an Outlook Rule - Tutorial to alleviate email@example.com going to Outlook Junk folder.
- VSU Writing Guide - is based on the Associated Press Stylebook. It is a reference source for Valdosta State University faculty, staff and students as they write documents for external audiences. Such documents include departmental newsletters, major internal communications, web site content and promotional brochures. These are not guidelines for other styles, such as APA or MLA.
- VSU Visual Identity Program Website Guide - Information published on the Valdosta State University website reflects the brand and reputation of the university.
Web page authors are required to adhere to the policies described in this document to ensure all information is
published in a consistent manner to best represent the university.
If you require an alternative option to PDF format or have additional questions regarding the resource materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: 4/11/13