Microsoft office 2007 AT VSU
Your one stop web site for all things Office 2007
Online Office Training
Valdosta State University now offers Online Software Training! Thousands of online tutorials provide quick answers to all your software questions. Some of the tutorials available to you include:
- Computer Basics
- Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint 2003 and 2007
- Word 2004 (for Mac)
- Windows XP and Vista
Click HERE to self register for the tutorials you wish to complete and begin using this valuable resource! If you have not registered, select the Create Account button. Enter your first name, last name, VSU email address (including @valdosta.edu) and enter your password twice. Then select the Register button.If you have already created an account; sign in with your full VSU email address and password. Then select the Sign In button. For assistance on how to access specific courses, please click HERE.
To access Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) click HERE.
Select from the following web sites to assist you in working with Microsoft Office 2007:
- Office 2007 Step-by-Step Online Tutorials - please contact the Helpdesk at 229-245-HELP (4357) if you would like Information Technology to add additional tutorials - check out the new advanced tutorials - over 180 are now available
- Office 2007 Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ's regarding how to work with Office 2007
- Compatibility Pack - The M/S Office Compatiblity Pack can be downloaded so Office 2007 files can be opened in Office 2003. Scroll down and click on downloading with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- Office 2007 Orientation PowerPoint presentation - this presentation can be downloaded, printed and copied for use by any VSU faculty, staff and/or student
- Office 2007 Orientation Handouts - all handouts prepared by IT can be downloaded, printed and copied for VSU use
- What campus labs have been upgraded to Office 2007? - check out this website for an updated list of which campus labs have been upgraded to Office 2007 and which ones have a dual-install of 2007 and 2003
- Office 2007 Reference manuals - IT maintains a library of Office 2007 reference manuals that can be checked out by any VSU faculty/staff member or student and Odum Library has two on-line reference manuals available for use
- Did you know your computer has Office 2007 Interactive Reference Guides available through the Start Button? - instructions are listed on this page on how to create a desktop icon and utilize the guides to determine where the functions are listed in 2007 from the 2003 menus
- Did you know the Student Success Center offers Office 2007 assistance for VSU students?
VSU Vista/WebCT Vista
- What is the best way to upload Office 2007 files to VSU Vista/WebCT Vista? - instructions on how to save Office 2007 files to Office 2003
If you need an alternative option, please contact Kathy Sundin at 229-333-7395.
Return by selecting this link to the Information Technology web site.
Last Update: 12/01/2010