After you're Accepted:
- Note: If you do not have an existing SEVIS record, please send us a scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport for accuracy with your I-20 document. If you do, please fill out our Transfer-In Form and send the completed form to us as soon as possible.
- Certificate of Immunizations and Medical History Form
for Undergraduate Admissions /
Certificate of Immunization for Graduate Admissions (Page 1, 2)
- It's advisable to complete the needed immunization series at your home country if possible, if not possible, they can be completed at the Student Health Center for a fee.
- Copy of Transcripts
- You will need your International Transcripts evaluated by one of of the approved agencies.
- Fill out the Arrival Notification Form and send it back to us by e-mail or fax.
- Make sure that you have made arrangements for your housing before you arrive.
- Make sure that the money for your tuition and fees will be easily accessible. Check here for the bursary's payment deadlines.
- Plan to either have comparable medical insurance or plan to purchase the school's medical insurance plan.
- Make sure that your parents will have the Consent Form notarized if you are under 18. This is important for the Student Health Center to treat you if you get sick, and you are still considered a minor. This form needs to be notarized, and brought with you when you arrive at Valdosta.
- Things you would need to submit to the Center for International Programs after arrival at Valdosta:
- SEVIS Data Intake
- Copy of your passport, F-1 Visa, I-94 and signed I-20 (signed by student)
- What can you expect when arriving at a U.S. port of Entry?
- Cultural Adjustment
- Health Insurance
- Available Scholarships
- Getting a Social Security Number
- Money and Banking
- Getting a Driving License
- How to Buy a Used Car (PDF)
- University Resources
- International Student Activities
- Important Documents that you should remember