Projects and Honors
IT Helpdesk Honors
- In Fall of 2008, the Helpdesk was recognized as a Chancellor's Customer Service Gold Level Award winner for implementing a continuous-improvement environment in order to achieve quality client service and improve student retention.
IT Helpdesk Projects
- IT Effectiveness Training (2006)
- The Division of Information Technology and Distance Learning have been recognized by both the University System of Georgia and Blackboard, the publishers of WebCT, for a hybrid-style training program pioneered at the Helpdesk
- New Employee Processing, a Lean Six Sigma for Higher Education Project - Coming Soon
- The Helpdesk conducted a study, as part of the Chancellor's Lean Six Sigma for Higher Education initiative, in order to analyze the process of account creation and computer deployment for new employees.
- Enhancing Academic Interactivity Through Quandary (2010)
- The Helpdesk was selected to participate in a poster session and demonstration for Quandary, a program used to generate interactive scenarios for teaching and training, at the 2010 Online Lifeline Conference.
- Enhancing Classroom Interactivity Through TurningPoint Anywhere (2010) - Coming Soon
- The Helpdesk conducted faculty development seminars in summer of 2010 to familiarize instructors with the process of developing ad-hoc classroom activities through the Turning Technologies student response clicker system.