STATUs (12/15/2010): Application Server Errors (Closed)
On the morning of Wednesday (12/15/2010), the Valdosta State University application server experienced a service outage.
Some examples of applications affected are:
- BlazeVIEW / Active Directory Self-Service Password Reset Tool
- Student Employment Portal
- Student Success Center Portal
- Graduate Assistantship Portal
Other systems that use the same username and password may likewise be affected.
Some of the symptoms include:
- "Page cannot be found error" messages
- "Internal server error" messages
- Error messages beginning with ORA-?????, where the question marks are replaced by numbers
Due to the fact that many of our Helpdesk's tools are likewise affected, we are temporarily unable to perform password resets for VSU electronic accounts nor other forms of account assistance. If you need assistance, please instead submit our General Help Form.
At 1:30 pm on 12/15/2010, the issue was resolved. The root cause was traced to an IP address conflict with another server on the network.