What is Remote Support?
Remote Support is a program that will allow you to invite a Valdosta State University Information Technology technician to share control of your computer in order for him or her to better understand the symptoms you are experiencing when you call the Helpdesk. Please be sure to read through the precautions listed below prior to using Remote Support.
- The security of your computer may be at risk if you invite someone who is not an Information Technology technician. In order to prevent this from occurring:
- Only use Remote Support while you are speaking to a technician on the phone.
- Make sure you are connecting only to the channel designated by the technician.
- Be familiar with the steps for Disconnecting from Remote Support. If at any time, you suspect the person you are connected to is not the technician you are speaking with on the phone, perform these steps immediately to end the connection.
- Likewise, after the technician has assisted you, please use these steps to prevent others from connecting to your computer.
- As anything displayed on your computer will be visible to the technician, please make sure no documents containing sensitive or confidential information are open.
- Please ensure you are using the most up to date version of the Remote Support Client software.