> Administrative Offices
> Information Technology
> Windows / Mac Operating Systems
Windows / Mac Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows and Mac OS are two operating systems found respectively on campus PC and Mac computers. These operating systems provide users with basic functionality including navigating files stored on the computer, writing CDs and DVDs, and running other applications like Microsoft Office.
- Windows XP - Windows XP is the current generation of the operating system installed on PC computers across campus.
- Windows Vista - Since we will be migrating the campus directly to Windows 7, these guides are provided for home users whose computers included an installation of Windows Vista.
- Windows 7 - Windows 7 is the next generation of the operating system that will be installed on PC computers across campus. Likewise, many users have home computers that included an installation of Windows 7.
- Mac OS - Mac OS is the current generation of the operating system found on Mac computers across campus.
- VSU iMac Labs - These guides are designed to provide users who are new to Macs with navigational and functional assistance in using campus Macs.
- VMWare Fusion - These guides are designed for Mac users in VSU offices who also need to run Windows.
- VLC Player - These guides are designed to walk users through downloading and installing Windows Media Player on a Mac in order to view Windows movie files.