VSU iMac Labs
Welcome to the first time user's guide for VSU Campus iMac Labs. iMacs labs are similar to PCs labs, but they have several key differences. iMacs use the operating system Mac OSX while PC's use the Windows operating system. Also some functionality between the two are somewhat different as in volume control, the CD eject button, and some keyboard shortcuts. This guide is designed for users who have little or no prior experience using a Mac or iMac. Please click one to the following links to begin:
- Navigating the iMac
- This collection of images will help guide you through the location of buttons, USB ports, and other hardware and software features.
- Mac OS Video Tours
- If you are unfamiliar with using a Mac, please go through this brief video tour.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- This is a list of common questions associated with iMac lab use. If you are trying to find out how to perform a specific function on an iMac, please look here first.
- iMac Equivalents to PC Programs
- This entry is meant to help users determine what program can perform the same function on an iMac that they used to seeing in campus PC labs.