A mailing list is an e-mail address that users can send messages to in order to have them distributed to members of the list. Valdosta State University utilizes two systems for mailing lists, Windows Live Distribution Groups and Lighthouse.
- Community Announcements Listserv Policy - This page provides the university policies regarding the utilization of mailing lists.
- List Etiquette - This page provides a general guideline for polite listserv behavior.
Windows Live Distribution Groups
A distribution group is a feature built into the Valdosta State University e-mail system, Windows Live, that allows users to create impromptu mailing lists. The advantage to using a distribution group is that you can modify it yourself as the need arises, rather than needing to contact an e-mail administrator in order to make changes, such as the group name or group membership. The disadvantage is that only users with a VSU e-mail addresses (@valdosta.edu) can be members.
- Creating a Group
- Adding Members to a Group
- Removing Members from a Group
- Removing a Group
- Joining a Group
The Lighthouse listserv is an older Valdosta State University mailing list system that, starting on August 26, 2010, will be in the process of being transitioned to Windows Live Distribution Groups. This services will still be maintained for lists requiring the ability to include both members with and without VSU e-mail addresses. The information below is being maintained for archival purposes only.
- Lighthouse Website
- Mailing List Creation Request Form
- Subscribing to a Mailing List
- Retrieving a Forgotten Password
- Modifying Mail Delivery Options
- Unsubscribing from a Mailing List
- Posting Messages to a Mailing Lists (Details for individual lists shown on this page is inaccurate. Please refer instead to the primary mailing lists link at the top of the page)