Human Resources & Employee Development
Classification and Compensation
The Classification and Compensation Office of Human Resources coordinates the University's staff job-classification process. The Class/Comp Office assists with requests from campus departments regarding:
- Establishment of new staff positions
- Reclassification of existing positions when duties have changed
- Updating of job descriptions on filled or vacant positions
- Analysis and recommendation on appropriate compensation ranges
The Class/Comp Office maintains the University's listing of current staff job titles and the pay grade assignment for each title. The office coordinates Valdosta State University's participation in comparative external-market salary surveys for staff positions, and uses such market survey information to help benchmark the University's own staff compensation ranges. The office is available to consult with campus units on strategic job design and staffing issues.
NEW RACE AND ETHNICITY DESIGNATIONS
The US Department of Education recently announced changes in how racial and ethnic data is collected and reported. These changes, will provide greater detail about the race and ethnicity of students, faculty and staff.
In the past federal reporting standards placed students, faculty and staff into one of five groups: American Indian or Alaska Native; Asian or Pacific Islander; Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; or White.
Under the new system, students, faculty and staff will indicate their ethnicity (Hispanic/Latino or Not Hispanic/Latino) and then choose one or more racial categories: American Indian or Alaskan Native; Asian; Black or African American; White; or Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
We are asking your help to update your current information using the link below. Updating the information is not mandatory and will only take a few minutes of your time. Click on the link below:
Race and Ethnicity Link
- Extra Compensation Form for staff and faculty updated 11/14/11
- Extra Compensation Form/ Compensation Procedures Matrix Instructions updated 11/30/11
- Fiscal Year 2009 Salary Schedule: Effective July 1, 2009 ( NEW Minimum Wage)
- Fiscal Year 2010 Salary Schedule Effective July 1, 2010 ( updated 5/2011)
- Fiscal Year 2012 Salary Schedule Effective July 1, 2011
- Fiscal Year 2013 Salary Schedule Effective July 2, 2012
- Lump Sum Compensation Request Form
- MGT NEXT PHASE: Effective January 1, 2008
- MGT: Initial Steps
- MGT: Second Phase
- MGT Third Phase
- MGT Third Phase: Effective July 1, 2008
- PAYROLL ADVICES AND EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE
- Upcoming Events