Open Records Act
Requests for inspection of records are granted in accordance with the Georgia Open Records Act. Any person who wishes to see such records must follow these procedures:
- The person who wishes to see these records must submit a written request to the Custodian of Official Records, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, West Hall. The request must state the specific materials desired.
- After receipt of the written request, the Custodian has up to three working days to respond with a proposed date and time for the inspection.
- There will be a charge for the time the Custodian spends on the request. The charges for this service are remitted by the Custodian to the General Expense Account in the Office of Business and Finance.
- An official form will be provided by the Custodian and must be executed by the party requesting inspection of public records. The Custodian must then inform the President of the institution of each request.
- The material to be viewed will be retrieved from Odum Library by the Custodian and will be viewed in the Custodian's presence in the Custodian's office.
- An official record is maintained of all persons requesting access to public records.