Home > Faculty Senate > Faculty Handbook > Employment Policies > Exiting Procedures
- Faculty wishing to continue health insurance should arrange to do so prior to their departure from the campus.
- Faculty leaving public education may have contributions made to the Teachers Retirement System refunded to them. Significant penalties may apply in such cases based on I.R.S. regulations. Those with vested interest, 10 years of creditable service, will probably leave contributions intact, as will those who are planning to return to the Georgia system.
- All University property must be returned. This includes library books, Bookstore loans, and assigned equipment.
- All University keys should be returned to the Head of the Department.
- Credit Union obligations must be satisfactorily handled through the Credit Union office.
- Faculty I.D. and parking decals must be delivered to the Office of Public Safety.
- The Personnel Office needs to be apprised of the exiting person's forthcoming mailing address, in order to forward W-2 forms and other documents as may be necessary.
- The faculty person's American Express Corporate Card must be returned to the Personnel Office.