*In the case of co-authored presentations only one award can be received.
Scholarships in this category are designated for faculty members that have had a paper or presentation accepted at a professional meeting or conference. Please submit completed packet (including signatures) at least one week prior to travel date.
To be considered for funding in this category, the applicant must:
- Provide a completed scholarship application including your signature and signatures from your department head and dean.
- Provide appropriate documentation indicating invitation/acceptance of the applicant to a meeting/conference. A letter of acceptance and/or a published program should accompany the grant application.
- Provide a final report within 30 days of completion of activity.
*Effective July 1, 2011 resumes will no longer be required.
** Please complete Faculty Scholarship travel authorizations after you receive your award letter that includes your award amount and the account number to be used.
For traveling by vehicle or flying, below are the steps to follow:
- Check to see if a university fleet vehicle is available at: http://services.valdosta.edu/auxit/vehiclereservationform.aspx.
- If fleet vehicle is not available, complete a Car Cost Comparison. If the car cost comparison shows it is cheaper to rent and you choose to drive your own vehicle you will be reimbursed at a reduced rate.
- If you are flying, please complete a Flight Comparison. Make sure to click on the Compare Surrounding Flights button tool (or do a "screen shot") on the website you use so you will get a comparison. This is the page you should print and provide along with flight purchased receipt.
When completing expense reports refer to your faculty scholarship detailed award letter from Anita Bosch, Coordinator Faculty Scholarship.
** Original receipts and a printed copy of eReport must be submitted to all approving budget managers for which trip has been approved for a hand written signature. For example, if department funds and faculty scholarship award then you must have signature approval on the eReport from department head and VPAA office.
For more information, contact the Academic Affairs office.
West Hall 107, (229) 333-5470, or the Committee’s Chair for the year if you have any questions.