Pay Application Fee here (must be paid before application will be processed)
Any full-time or part-time student is eligible to participate in the program. Students from institutions that are not part of the University System of Georgia will be admitted on a space available basis.
An application form is available on the European Council Website; copies of the form are also available from campus representatives listed in this site. Completed applications should be submitted to the campus representatives, along with a required application fee of $200 (to be paid online). Campus representatives forward completed applications to the program office at Valdosta State University. Applications will not be processed by the EC office until both the application form (approved by the campus representative) and the $200 application fee are received.
Because of space limitations, acceptance will be on a first come-first served basis, according to the date of receipt of the application and application fee. Students are encouraged to apply well in advance of the the application deadline to assure themselves of a place in the program. The application deadline for the 2013 program is March 1, 2013.
Advice from Previous Madrid Students
1. Pace yourself. Get good sleep. Plan out your days.
2. Pack light so that you have room to expand.
3. Be friendly and don’t get caught up in a clique.
4. Keep an open mind—this isn’t the USA.
5. Take at least one weekend to explore Madrid.
6. Go on the optional weekend trips. So worth the money!
7. Learn some Spanish (so helpful) and talk to someone who came on the trip before.
8. Drink lots of water.
9. Wear comfortable shoes.
10. Get ready for the time of your life.