EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE: CLASSIFIED STAFF
- The employee must have been a full-time classified staff member for at least three years.
- An individual may not receive this award more than once in five consecutive years.
- Direct reports to the President are not eligible for nomination.
The nomination criteria shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates high standards of service to Valdosta State University.
- Demonstrates exemplary performances in various aspects of his/her employment (skills, cooperation, job knowledge, attendance, self-improvement).
- Demonstrates the following qualities and characteristics: initiative, reliability, and a professional attitude.
- Demonstrates leadership through voluntary participation in staff functions and/or service on committees.
Nominations can be made by any full-time classified staff or faculty member. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Documentation shall consist of the following (to be submitted in one package):
- A completed nomination form.
- Up to five letters of support; a minimum of one must be from a colleague, if possible, in the nominee’s work area.
Additional letters may be submitted by:
- Fellow employees outside the nominee’s work area
- Faculty members
Letters of support/recommendation from employee spouses or relatives will not be accepted.
V. Selection Committee:
The Selection Committee will consist of one representative from each division and one representative from the Council on Staff Affairs.
VI. Selection Schedule:
The Selection Committee will review the nominees submitted and will recommend one nominee to the President.