COSA Home > COSA: Employee of the Semester
The Employee of the Semester Award
We acknowledge and celebrate the successes of our employees. The Employee of the Semester Award is recognition of outstanding performance by Valdosta State University classified staff members who have contributed to the mission and goals of the university. These employees exemplify the values of Valdosta State University.
The objective of this program is to create positive role models and to identify noteworthy accomplishments of valuable employees who through their hard work and dedication have positively impacted the Valdosta State University community.
All VSU full-time classified staff employees, excluding COSA members, are eligible to be nominated for employee of the semester. The nominated employee must have satisfactory or above satisfactory performance on performance appraisals and no outstanding disciplinary actions.
Employees recognized under this program will have made a significant contribution to the University clearly beyond the scope of the assigned responsibilities and duties of their position under one or more of the following categories:
- Innovative Idea
- Team Effort
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
Examples of specific employee contributions to VSU that may be considered are:
- Fiscal responsibility – accomplishes savings in cost and/or time
- Mentoring/Leadership – willingness to assist others do their jobs better
- Results-oriented - goes the extra mile to meet a critical deadline or deliverable
- Initiative – demonstrates extraordinary resourcefulness and the ability to act and make sound decisions without direction from others
- Collaboration – demonstrates outstanding teamwork in the achievement of VSU or department objectives
- Attitude – keeps a consistently positive attitude toward fellow staff, faculty and students despite workload demands
- Creativity – applies innovation or creativity to their job duties
- Service – provides inspired service to students, faculty, staff or the public that goes beyond what is expected
- Inclusion – significantly furthers diversity goals and/or makes a major contribution in promoting an inclusive work environment
- Stewardship - implements a process or takes some action which significantly reduces risk at VSU
- Role Model- provides an example to others within or outside of their department
Nominations for recognition can be made by any VSU staff member, faculty member or student for any classified staff employee. No self nominations will be accepted.
Click here and use your Blazeview username/password to log in and nominate an outstanding employee.
For additional information, please contact:
Winners and Nominees
for Employee of the SEMESTER Spring 2012
Mark Mears, Arts & Sciences
Derrick Carter, African American Studies
Quinten McCormack, Physical Plant
Jeanevra Pearson, Adult and Career Ed
Frederique Dunham, Chemistry
Danielle Costello, Philosophy
Diane Bellflower, Plant Operations