Our online courses are divided into two formats, Instructor-paced and Self-paced. All of our online courses are accessible at YOUR convenience, 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. They are called instructor facilitated because you can contact your instructor via email, discussion board, or for some courses, phone, with specific questions or requests for more information. Lively discussions with the instructors, facilitators, and other class participants via chats and message boards enhance the interactivity of these classes. Click here for benefits of our online, Instructor Facilitated courses.
Technology and Software Applications
Click HERE for a complete list of courses
Self-Paced, 6 month+ format (Click HERE for format details)
|Accounting||Computer Applications & Specialist Training|
|Internet & Web Development|
|Career Development||Media & Design, Graphics & Photography|
|Professional Certification Preparation|
|Technical Certification Programs|
Check out the benefits to our Instructor Facilitated online courses:
* The courses are facilitated by an instructor and multiple teaching assistants. You will be able to communicate with the instructor via email and discussion areas.
* For most classes, all you need is a computer with Internet access and a web browser with Adobe Flash and PDF plugins. Some courses may require specific software or textbooks. Please se individual course descriptions. For a few programs a Mac or Apple computer will not work.
* You will have access to an interactive discussion area to ask questions and respond to classmates' questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* The VSU Continuing Education Computer Lab will be available by appointment to give you more flexibility in accessing the online courses and to assist you with orientation. Call for more information (229.245-6383).
* Certificates and CEU credits will be awarded upon completion of coursework and the final exam when applicable.
Specific to Instructor-Paced Courses:
* All courses begin on a Wednesday in each month. Registration and orientation for each class should be completed by the first day of class in order for you to receive your class lessons. Late registrations up until the release of the third lesson will be accepted. Assistance with orientation will be available in the VSU Continuing Education Computer Lab by appointment.
* Class lessons come out on Wednesday and Friday of each week, you may access them at your convenience.
* You have ten days to complete each lesson after it has been introduced.
Specific to Self-Paced Courses:
* Courses begin on date of your choosing. Please allow 5 - 7 working days after your registration has been confirmed to receive text and materials that may be sent to you for the Career Training Programs.
* Access to your course is available from 3 months to 18 months depending on the individual course. Please see course descriptions for more information. Extensions are available for most programs.
*You will be able to move on to new lessons and complete the program at your own pace.