Home > Administrative Offices > International Programs > Study Abroad > Study Abroad Guide > Financial Aid
Instructions for Students with Financial Aid Studying Abroad
- Go to Financial Aid Office and let them know that you will be participating in a study abroad program. Tell them which program and for what term(s) you will be away. If you do not have financial aid, pick up and complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- While at the Financial Aid Office, pick up a Consortium Agreement Enrollment Form.
- Complete the Form and have it signed by your adviser and the Director or Assistant Director of the Center for International Programs.
- Return the completed and signed form to the Financial Aid Office.
- If your financial aid will not cover all of your charges, make sure that the Bursary will receive the remainder of fees not covered by financial aid when fees are due.
- Make sure that you sign all promissory notes associated with your loans before you leave the country. Loans will not be disbursed without a signed promissory note on file at the Financial Aid Office.
- If you are participating in a summer program and will not receive your financial aid in time to make payment deadlines, contact the loan officer in the Bursary at 333-5724 to inquire about short-term loans.
- Be sure to pick up an application for the Regents’ Study Abroad Scholarship.
- When in doubt, call the Financial Aid Office (229) 333-5935, the Bursary 333-5725, your program director, or the Center for International Programs 333-7410.