2013-14 Council Officers:
Past Chair: Dr. Reynaldo L. Martinez Jr. - Adult and Career Education
Dr. James T. Baxter - Chemistry
Dr. Edward Chatelain - Physics, Astronomy & Geosciences
Dr. Attila Cseh - Marketing & Economics
Dr. Frederick Downing - Philosophy & Religious Studies
Dr. Brenda Dyal - Nursing
Dr. Douglas Farwell - Music
Dr. Robert Gannon - Biology
Dr. Michael Griffin - Kinesiology & Physical Education
Dr. Greg Harrell - Mathematics & Computer Science
Dr. Phyllis Holland - Management / International Business
Dr. Wallace Koehler - Library & Information Science
Dr. Reynaldo L. Martinez Jr., Adult and Career Education
Dr. Mizanur R. Miah - Social Work
Dr. Corine Myers-Jennings - Communication Sciences & Disorders
Dr. Festus Obiakor- Early Childhood & Special Education
Dr. Leon Pate - Curriculum, Leadership & Technology
Dr. James Peterson - Political Science
Dr. Barbara Radcliffe - Middle, Secondary, Reading, & Deaf Education
Dr. Jackson Rainer - Psychology & Counseling
Dr. Paul Riggs - History
Dr. Darrell Ross - Sociology, Anthropology & Criminal Justice
Mr. Michael Schmidt - Art
Dr. Mark Smith - English
Dr. Viki Sody, Modern & Classical Languages
Dr. Kate Warner - Marriage & Family Therapy
Dr. Len G. Weld, Accounting and Finance
Dr. Ray Young- Communication Arts
* To serve as a representative voice of the department heads.
* To provide a means of communication between the department heads and the President and Provost of the University.
* To provide a means whereby the administration, through the Provost of the University, may refer matters of common interest to a body representing the department heads.
* To provide a means whereby the department heads can offer, through the Council of Department Heads, suggestions or recommendations to the President and Provost of the University pertaining to matters of common interest.
* To accept and share responsibility with administration, faculty, staff, and students in all efforts to improve the stature of the University as we seek to accomplish our mission.
CDH Constitution and By-Laws:
Fall 2013 Semester:
August 27, 2013
September 24, 2013
October 29, 2013
November 19, 2013