Student Travel Grant
These grants are available for undergraduate and graduate students whose degree program is within the College of Arts and Sciences to present their research at an academic conference.
Travel grants are capped at $250.
- Students can be the primary (lead) presenter or a co-presenter at the talk to be considered for approval.
- For presentations with multiple students as presenters, a maximum of $250 can be awarded for a single talk.
- No more than one award/student/year will be approved.
- To encourage a diversity of student presentations, no more than 4 students/conference will be funded.
- In order to be reimbursed for travel expense receipts must be submitted within 30 days of travel.
Students are strongly encourage to submit travel requests to the Student Development Organization (www.valdosta.edu/sdo) via email to Honey Coppage (email@example.com) if additional funds are needed for the conference presentation.
Any questions about the student travel grant should be directed to Dr. Gary Lynn Wood, Center for Applied Research (333-5230 or firstname.lastname@example.org). This form should be submitted to the Dean’s Office, College of Arts and Sciences, Bailey Science Center, Room 1036.