Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, analyzing, and displaying geographically referenced information. GIS allows the user to visualize data in a way that reveals trends and patterns in the form of maps, reports, and charts. Information obtained from GIS can be used to determining trends in public safety, transportation, utilities and environmental concerns.
Services Available Through CAR
- Customized mapping
- Data acquisition
- 2-D & 3-D geospatial analyses
- Data interpretation
- Assessment of GIS needs
- Customizatized training
- Dedicated, secure server
- 42" Plotter
- Large format digitizing tablet
- Sub-meter GPS units
- ArcPad units for field mapping
- Large data storage capacity
- Floridan aquifer vulnerability assessment in Lowndes County.
- Substandard housing distribution and demographics in Lowndes County.
- Severe weather impacts on costal areas.
- GIS databases for sinkholes and caves in Florida.
- Groundwater contamination in Albany and surrounding areas.